AIMC offers and hosts classes and groups that meet on a regular basis. All are welcome to these groups, and we would love for you to join us!
Recovery Dharma is a Buddhist-inspired path to recovery from addiction of all kinds. The group meets every week on Tuesday at 8pm and Saturday at 5pm. The meeting begins with a 20 minute guided meditation, followed by a short reading and an open discussion. All are welcome.
Meditation: What, Why and How (Saturday mornings 8-10AM)
We invite you to join us to practice together in a supportive and relaxed environment, which enhances the ability to learn and to concentrate. Whether you are new to meditation, or seeking to recommit to your practice, this class seeks to support you. All are welcome!
The Buddha greatly emphasized the importance of spiritual friendship in supporting our spiritual development. In study groups, practitioners come together to study a particular topic or in support and friendship around common life experiences such as age groups or other identities. The groups offer a beautiful opportunity to practice more deeply together. AIMC study groups are typically led by peer facilitators.
Open Sky Zen Group
The Albuquerque Open Sky Zen Group focuses on practicing and sharing the Dharma together. While there is emphasis on Zen teaching and practices, an integrative approach is taken and thus practice and teachings from other Buddhist traditions are incorporated.
While we continue on Zoom, the shortened evening schedule (6-7 pm) consists of one 35-minute sitting period. After the sitting, a short Dharma talk is given on some aspect of practicing and then there is time for questions, answers and sharing if one wishes to share something about her/his experience. All levels of practitioners are welcome to join. Introductory meditation instructions are given at the beginning of the evening for those who need them.
AOSZG is led by Tony Sager, a senior Dharma teacher of the Kwan Um School of Zen.
There is no fee for participating in these programs. These programs are offered on the basis of Dana, a practice of mutual generosity that has been alive since the time of the Buddha. We invite our practitioners to offer a donation in the baskets outside the meditation hall or online.
Ongoing Events & Groups
- Beginning Our Day Together via ZoomWed May 31 2023
- Beginning Our Day Together via ZoomThu Jun 1 2023
- Beginning Our Day Together via ZoomFri Jun 2 2023
- Beginning Our Day Together via ZoomMon Jun 5 2023
- Open Sky Zen Group Zoom MeetingMon Jun 5 2023
- Nic Redfern- Visiting TeacherThu Jun 15 2023, 06:30pm MDT - 08:00pm MDT
- Day-Long Retreat with Brian Lesage: Deepening Awareness and Equanimity within Meditation PracticeSat Jun 24 2023, 09:30am MDT - 04:30pm MDTNorbertine Abbey
- Victoria Cary- Visiting TeacherThu Jul 27 2023, 06:30pm MDT - 08:00pm MDT
- Steve DeSaulniers Live and Zoom Meditation and Dharma TalkThu Jun 1 2023AIMC
- Suzanne Kryder Live and Zoom Meditation and Dharma TalkThu Jun 8 2023AIMC
- Jerry Shifrin Zoom Only Meditation and Dharma TalkThu Jun 22 2023
- Cynthia Copeland Live and Zoom Meditation and Dharma TalkThu Jun 29 2023AIMC
“For the awakening of the heart, conditions are always good enough.”