Aspirations and Values
We are a community that aspires to end suffering through the realization of the Buddha’s Noble Eightfold Path. We are guided by the following principles and practices:
- The Buddha’s gradual training of generosity, ethical conduct and cultivation of awareness.
- The Brahma Viharas: compassion, loving kindness, appreciative joy and equanimity.
- Freely offering the teachings to all who are seeking, without exception.
- Communication that is true, appropriate and kind.
- Compassionate action through service.
New to AIMC or returning after an absence?
In March of 2020, the AIMC Board of Directors decided to halt all of our in-person activities and shift to using the Zoom online platform. We have continued our previous schedule, including weekly meetings on Thursday and Sunday evenings, and added new events such as a Wednesday night Sangha Tea and morning meetings on Mondays through Saturdays. (See the website calendar for times and Zoom links.) Also, we have cancelled the lease on our former Rosemont Avenue location and have begun the search for a new home for the sangha to move into when the pandemic situation allows it. Please join us online, as we have found that the Dharma can be learned and practiced there just as well as in a physical building!